GarageBand is a great application for recording, editing, and mixing music. One of the most popular features in GarageBand is the virtual instruments that can be played on your computer keyboard or external MIDI device.
You can also open any other instrument like a keyboard on GarageBand to use its sound by clicking on it when you’re in the arranged view.
However, if you want to get the most out of GarageBand, then it’s helpful to know how to open a keyboard on GarageBand. In this article, we will show you how!
Why We Need To Open On-Screen Keyboard On GarageBand?
When you open a keyboard in GarageBand, it is automatically set up to play notes on the lower octaves of your computer keyboard. If you want to use an external MIDI device or high-quality virtual instrument like Garritan’s ARIA Player (included with all versions of Studio One), then select “Custom” from the pop-up menu and pick which keyboard you want to use.
You can use the keyboard to play notes in your song, record MIDI regions by using different keys on the virtual keyboard.
It’s also helpful if you want to do some basic music theory work and write down chords or melodies that are playing. This is especially important if you’re working with a vocalist who will be recording their vocals over your track.
Also Read: How To Record Audio Using GarageBand?
Benefits Of Opening A Keyboard On GarageBand
Some of the benefits of opening a keyboard on GarageBand are that it is much cheaper than buying an external MIDI controller or another high-quality virtual instrument.
It’s also easy to use and doesn’t require any additional software to work with GarageBand.
Some of the benefits of opening a keyboard in GarageBand are:
- You can use the computer keys to play notes or record MIDI regions on top of any instrument that is open in GarageBand, such as virtual instruments and samples.
- It’s helpful when you’re doing music theory work for writing down chords and melodies if they are playing.
- You can open any instrument in GarageBand to use its sound by clicking on it when you’re in the arranged view.
How Do I Open A Keyboard On GarageBand?
In order to open a keyboard on GarageBand:
- First, click the “Window” menu.
- Then choose “Keyboard.”
- Click on any of the coloured keys to trigger notes from that colour’s octave range.
- You can also select different instruments by clicking on each instrument at the top of your screen.
Here are some helpful tips for opening a keyboard on GarageBand:
- You can use Command+F11 or Control+F11 as shortcuts if you want to quickly change between an external MIDI device and a virtual instrument.
- If you’re using Mac OS X Mavericks (or later), then there is another shortcut where you press Option+Command with either one selected below that will allow you to switch easily back and forth between them.
- If you want to use the same keyboard every time, then choose “Save” from the pop-up menu.
- This is how you can open a keyboard on GarageBand.
Now that you know how to open a keyboard on GarageBand and some useful tips for opening it up on your own computer, go ahead and start using this feature!
It will make playing virtual instruments (and recording MIDI regions) much easier than trying to play them with just your computer keys.
Thank you for reading How to Open a Keyboard on GarageBand!