Welcome to TrojanHunter!
Congratulations on choosing the world's most powerful trojan scanner!
TrojanHunter is a powerful application designed to detect and remove trojans. With its unique scan engine capable of searching every hiding spot on your computer for trojans, you can be assured of having the most advanced trojan protection available.
What is a Trojan?
Over 3000 years ago, the besieged city of Troy fell as the Greeks used a clever trick to get a wooden horse into the city. The horse was presented as a gift and brought into the city of Troy, where it remained until nightfall. In the darkness with no one around, hidden Greek soldiers emerged from the belly of the horse and opened the city gates. The Greek army returned from nearby hiding and conquered the city.
Today, remote access trojan horse programs plague Internet users and enterprises as they are used by malicious persons to gain total and unrestricted access to computer systems and networks. Using a trojan, it is possible for an adversary to do any of the following:
- Download, edit and delete any data, including confidential information
- Log all pressed keys on a computer, allowing the capture of user names and passwords
- Monitor the compromised computer by capturing screen shots at a regular interval
- Take control of the mouse and keyboard, allowing the adversary to perform any action remotely that the user could do
- Launch Denial of Service (DoS) against other computers or networks using the compromised computer as the origin of the attack
TrojanHunter is a highly engineered program capable of searching your system thoroughly for any sign of a trojan horse. Unlike other trojan scanners, TrojanHunter will not only scan files, but will penetrate into every conceivable place where it is possible to detect a trojan:
- File scanning scans files for trojans, including Zip files, Rar files and binded executables.
- The extremely powerful memory scanning technology of TrojanHunter scans your computer's main memory for running trojans. Using this technique, TrojanHunter is able to find any packed variation of a trojan.
- Registry scanning searches through the Windows registry for any autostart or configuration entry belonging to a trojan.
- The port scan alerts you if any port that is open on the system matches one known to be used by a trojan.
- Inifile scanning checks .ini-files for configuration or autostart entries created by trojans.
- Script scanning for finding trojans in BAT files, VBS scripts, active HTML content and more...
In addition to the above main detection methods, the plug-in framework of TrojanHunter provides additional ways of detecting trojans; the extension checker plug-in, for example, will alert you to any executable files with double extensions, a method commonly used to sneak trojans onto a system.